2016/1/14

Traveling In Holland : More and more confused




 Stayed 4 days in Holland.

It's a pretty weird city I have to say, having the name "low-land" but full of super tall human sauntering around ; Buildings were all tilted to an absurd degree, even the bell's ring from the big church wasn't on tune ; full of exotic and fusion restaurants on the streets, opening hours are almost all day long. (I've been living in Italy for a while, usually the luxury of going out to eat whenever you like doesn't exist.)

Brunch is pretty in trend in Amsterdam, too. People can order Benedict's eggs and smoked salmon until 6pm. The brunch concept isn't really popular in Italy, after all these months I kinda forget how it feels like to have a lazy Sunday brunch.

Sex and drugs related items can be seen everywhere in the city. EVERYWHERE. To an exaggerated degree. Marijuana can be added inside fried dishes, used as ingredient to make cakes, mile shakes, chocolate bars, etc. Behind the display window of sex shops lie numerous sex dolls posing all kinds of postures and having different colors. The condom shop held artistic creative tournament, which basically was about drawing on top of some stuffed condoms.

The streets are fairly clean, most of the people speaks fluent English, Dutch and French. These low landers seem to be friendly usually, but I found they change their moods very fast, too. For example if you go to a restaurant with a mind set of "People who pays is the boss." then it's very possible you're gonna be tossed out of the shop immediately. (Witnessed the event myself)

I've encountered many interesting events in these few days, this drawing is my summary to the trip. I'll share the complete stories with you when I finish writing the article related to this pic.

I think the Dutch culture and people are very interesting, many things that happen in Amsterdam seem to be very paradoxical yet auxiliary in concepts. Staying only 4 days is far from enough to make any smart and accurate observation, the only thing I can do now is to make some buffoonery. If anyone who ever been to, lived in Holland, or have some Dutch friends, please share and discuss with me how you think about this place. ( For example, how locals see their own city Amsterdam? Dutch people are actually friendly or not?? )


沒有留言:

張貼留言